Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Civilization V




Civilization V is a Turn Based Strategy game, which means that players will all play their turns, unlike RTS (real time strategy) there is no micromanagement needed as you just order your units what they have to do and don't control them during battle which let players having to focus on their macromanagement only.

I started playing it yesterday and i must say that it's quite good and worth it, if you liked Civilization IV you'll like this one.

There are several ways to win the game, i personally only try to win using the Scientific victory, in which you have to be the first to sucessfully build and assemble a spaceship, granting you victory, i like to play this way because i really like teching up :p

I played my first game on an easy difficulty settings and i'm actually starting my second game, i'll try to do this one on an higher difficulty setting so it will be more challenging.

15 comments:

  1. Civilization is seriously the best game. Personally I think it's better than sc2 lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I've enjoyed the Civilization series, Total War always seems to pull me back. I'm hoping with Civ 5 that it'll hold my interest longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played Civilisation IV and i gotta say i did love how there were several ways to win unlike all other RTS' which are just kill or be killed, ill definetly have to give Civilisation V a go

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna try this one as well. Always looking for new games to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the civilization franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old school games were awesome, but the newer stuff isn't as tight.

    Is it identical to IV?

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to try out this game

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, getting this game tomorrow.

    CANNOT WAIT :DDD

    ((Return the love<3))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss playing Civ ... seems like never enough time for great games like this anymore. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never played civ, however I've played age of empires n such. Gunna have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. never tried anything in the civilization series but I might give this one a shot. it's getting really good reviews, but sc2 is just so hard to stop playing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i remember playing civ 2 gold back in high school...been a fan ever since

    ReplyDelete